Crook Log Dental Practice are happy to now offer non-surgical facial treatment using Botulinum Toxin (botox) and Dermal Fillers.
Dr B Khan has recently attended a training course and is now happy to offer this service to our patients.
As we get older, nature can sometimes need a helping hand and make us look older than we feel. With Non-surgical facial treatments we can help you look as young as you feel.
We will be offering botox treatments of:
- Frown Lines
- Crows Feet
- Neck and lower face
Dermal Filler treatment
- Mouth Lines
If you are considering these treatments, then please call and book a free of charge consultation with Dr Khan were he will be happy to discuss this with you further
All 3 surgeries have now been renovated.
Here is the before and after of our last surgery
We have now completed another surgery at the practice. Here is the before and after pictures
All Staff at Crook Log Dental Practice would like to wish all patients a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Over the Christmas period the practice will be open apart from the usual bank holidays, below are our opening times:
- Monday 24th December - 9am - 5.15pm
- Tuesday 25th December - CLOSED
- Wednesday 26th December - CLOSED
- Thursday 27th December - 9am - 5.15pm
- Friday 28th December - 9am - 5.15pm
- Saturday 29th December - 9am - 1pm (Appointment only)
- Monday 31st December - 9am - 5.15pm
- Tuesday 1st January - CLOSED
The practice will then re open as normal on Wednesday 2nd January 2013.
If you have a dental emergency while the practice is closed and are unable to wait till the practice reopens, you can contact the NHS emergency dental service on: 0208 299 5509
An often used phrase, but nowhere is it truer than in dentistry. At Crook Log Dental Practice, preventative dentistry is at the heart of everything what we do. More time spent on hygiene visits and education will mean less time having teeth filled or removed and less cost to you, the patient. Something we're sure that you will welcome!
Better oral health is increasingly recognised as important to the body as a whole and not just the mouth. So, what are our 8 top tips to help you enjoy better oral health?
1. Stop smoking. As well as the well known problems in relation to lung cancer and heart disease, smoking is a major contributory factor in oral cancer. It can also cause gum inflammation and leads to gum recession which increases plaque build up.
2. Enjoy alcohol in moderation. Alcohol is another contributory facture to oral cancer.
3. Avoid fizzy drinks and sugary snacks. These lead to a massive increase in plaque which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
4. Try and restrict food intake to mealtimes. Oral bacteria benefit from the constant nourishment that snacking can provide. If you must snack, then try and choose foods like fresh fruit or cheese which are better for your teeth.
5. Eat a well balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals. This will lead to healthier gums and therefore healthier teeth.
6. Brush your teeth carefully twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. (Children under 7 should only use a pea sized amount of low fluoride toothpaste).
7. Floss everyday. Ask us how to if you are not sure - don’t worry - a lot of people don't know how to do it properly until they are shown!
8. Visit the practice for regular hygiene appointments.
We would like to congratulate our nurse Sam who has passed her exams and qualified with a National Certificate in Dental Nursing.
Well done, we all knew you could do it.
During October thousands of people across the UK are taking part in Stoptober.
The scheme set up by the NHS, is trying to encourage as many people as possible to quit smoking.
All staff at Crook Log Dental Practice are supporting Stoptober and have promotional leaflets and Stoptober packs available at reception.
Please visit the website http://smokefree.nhs.uk/stoptober/?&gclid=CIDnypyv2LICFSfMtAodYzAAnA for more information.
We would like to congratulate our nurse Anisha who has passed her exams and qualified with a National Diploma in Dental Nursing.
Well done, we all knew you could do it.
Crook Log Dental Practice is taking part in Colgate Oral Health Month.
The aim of Oral Health month is to try and raise awareness of oral health as part of your overall health.
The 3 key messages are:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks between meals
- Visit the dentist regularly
Please talk to your dentist next time you visit us and find out what your oral health is like and if/how it can be improved.